Choosing a wedding cake is a delicious task.
Big or small, wide or tall, here are 6 tips to help you choose the perfect wedding cake for your big day.
1. Matching your cake to the the theme of your wedding is a must, and will look great in your wedding photos, but that doesn't mean you can't be creative. From formal and structured classic fondant cakes to vintage 'naked' icing-less cakes, towers of cupcakes or even Ferrero Rocher's, there are no rules anymore.
2. Make it personal - Details from your wedding such as fresh flowers that match your bouquet, photos of the bride and groom, or props will add a personal touch, and make the cake truly yours.
3. Not sure what you want? Why not get advice from the experts. How about collaborating with your florist on some ideas, or make an inspiration board to show your baker. Don't limit yourself to other cakes - you can even use paintings, fabrics or anything else that inspires you.
4. Don't forget the practicalities - Consider the weather. If it's a hot summer day you may want to opt for a naked cake or fondant frosting as opposed to heavy and creamy frosting, so your cake doesn't melt away before the day is done.
5. On a budget? Why not get a smaller cake to cut and for the photos, and then serve your guests a different dessert.
6. Most importantly - schedule your tasting and order your cake about 6 months before the wedding. Certain times of the year especially in the busy season during July and August your favourite cake makers are going to get booked up quickly.
Have a look at some of our favourite Pink Daisy wedding cakes and get inspired!