We’ve created a guideline to help you prepare for your wedding photo shoot! Now, these are just guidelines, it’s up to you to choose which tips apply to you.
2-3 months before photo shoot
· Ensure the location of the shoot is available, either via permit or booking.
· Are you wearing your wedding dress for your photo shoot, or are you getting a photo shoot gown? Be sure to be aware of the length of your dress in comparison to the settings in which the shoot takes place.
· Apply facial masks regularly if you don’t already do so. It’s also good to go for facials.
· Schedule your manicure if you intend to get one.
· Schedule a hair appointment (cut, dye, etc) to ensure you know what length and color your hair will be at the time of the shoot.
· If you intend on dyeing your hair a colour you aren’t used to, go for it around this time to make sure you know how to get it right.
Two to Three weeks before photo shoot
· Be sure to apply facial masks daily
· Avoid activities that can cause sunburn
· Ask a friend if they can be a helper for you on photo shoot day, as it’s often helpful to have an extra set of hands to help for wardrobe, etc.
One week before photo shoot
· Prepare an emergency kit to take with you on photo shoot day. You can use the same kit for wedding day.
· Touch up your roots
Two or Three days before photo shoot
· If you are doing your own make up, do a practice trial.
· Remember to do your daily masks.
· Get rid of unwanted hair (touch up eyebrows, etc).
Photo shoot Day
· Remember to bring along your emergency kit.
· Wash your make up off quickly afterwards if possible, as well as condition and shampoo your to get rid of hairspray, etc.
Your Emergency Kit
· Bring all receipts and permits, depending on location.
· Bottle of water with a straw
· Extra flip flops or shoes. Your high heels will usually be covered by your dress.
· Band-aids; in case your heels leave you a blister
· Eye drops
· Portable fan need be
· Examples of any ideal poses
· Props and Rings(Proposal Ring, Wedding Rings, pillows, etc)
· Small snacks
· Makeup remover and cotton balls
· Safety pins
· Black & White Socks
· Sunblock and bugspray
If you are looking for a wedding photographer, contact Pink Daisy Weddings and let us capture the beautiful moments of your wedding day.